Saturday 14 February 2015

TRAGEDY OF ERRORS

TRAGEDY OF ERRORS
I had to go to our Doctor in Ayyanthol, Trichur, to get prescription for medicines for diabetes.  It is a routine visit. When I reached there, I found that, my wife had kept her file, instead of my file, in the bag. How can I show it to the Doctor? To further complicate the matter, Sharmila was absent. Her father MNoidin was there, who was not familiar with my cqaase. So, wityh his permission, I first purchased the medicines. The shop owner knew me and referred old bills and did it. With the names of the medicines and the bill I came back, when I found that Moidin has gone somewhere.
To while away the time, I went to the Collectorate, to sell my new booklet of ten short stories in English. I was told that the office is closed because of second Saturday!  So I retraced my steps to the clinic. I showed the papers to Moidin and got them signed. Good.
Next, I came to the Municipal stand. There was some time for my bus to come. I went to the market. Seeing fried banana chips, I wanted to buy it. Though I waited for several minutes, the man could not give it, because many were already waiting there.
Then I went to ATM booth. I got the slip showing “ Unable to give money, shortage in the booth”
Then I waited for the bus; it did not come, so I took the bus for Poochunnipadam. By auto, I came to the SBI branch. Though it was about to be one, office was closed. Here the ATM booth is inside the office.

This is called “A Bad Day”

No comments:

Post a Comment