Thursday 26 February 2015

STRIKE AT GOVERNMENT COLLEGE, KUTTANELLUR

STRIKE  AT GOVERNMENT COLLEGE, KUTTANELLUR
I went to the Government College at Kutttanelllur, near Ollur, to sell my story books. I reached there by nine fifteen and began approaching students who were willing to buy it. The classes begin at nine thirty. Just then a group of male students began shouting slogans and canvassing the fellow students to come out of the classes. As the students came out, they closed the doors. This way, all the college was closed, except for  few classes, where the teachers asked them to stay in and took classes.
It was a boon to me, as all students were loitering in the veranda and I could sell all the books I had taken with me, within a matter of two hours. I got about four hundred rupees.

It is deplorable that such lightning agitations are taking place, especially as examinations are beginning in March. 

No comments:

Post a Comment