Saturday 14 February 2015

STORY-SECRET

SECRET
When father died, we became bankrupt. Our son was only one year old.
Mother became ill due to old age. My only option was to sell off the ancestral home. Father was lavish in show off and spent money, without thinking of the consequences. We shifted to a small hut, in the vicinity of the Town and became desperate for any job, to fill the belly. I appreciate that my faithful wife stood by me, though she could have gone back to her father. :”How can I leave you? Don’t you love me? How can you think of such things? You know many people who used to sponge on your father. They will help you.”
I was reluctant to approach them, but finally, I went to a Namboori. These Brahmins are sincere. He fixed me in a press. I liked the work, though it was back breaking. I became friendly with many publishers and they all promised to help me to construct a home. One friend suggested:” There are palatial houses built by NRIs. They will be happy to keep your family as care takers. You need not have to pay rent, on the other hand, they will give you handsome salary. Give me time.”
About three months passed, nothing happened . Then a Naidu (he is settled in Keralam) came  to see me. We talked for some time. I told him about our past. He heard patiently:”There are good times and bad times. I am impressed by your patience; especially your wife’s attachment to you. I have a house, a bit away from here. If you like, you may shift today itself. I will be here for another month and then go abroad, for business purposes.” My wife had come with tea and heard his suggestion. She indicated her consent by her lovely eyes. We shifted the same day.
My press is not near; so I used to come on Sundays only. Other days, I lived in a lodge.
One day a lady came to the press :”I have seen you when you were young boy. I was only a child. We used to come to see your father. You have not changed much. That time I loved you at my heart.” There was a twinkle her eyes and she winked truculently.
“I am married and have a son.”  She:”I know.” Thereafter, she began to come often to my lodge and spent the nights there. “I too, am married. You know, a woman can never forget her maiden love. She may never tell about it. It is a precious secret. Have you ever asked your wife? Do not do so. Let her adore her lover I secret.”
“You have not told me about your husband.” “I do not love him , let him go to hell. If you are ready, I will divorce and marry you.”
When I went home, my wife said:”Naidu is ready to give money for booking a flat in a housing colony. Shall I agree? He is leaving tomorrow.”
“How did this happen?”
“I cannot deceive you. He forced himself on me. After that, he used me daily.”


No comments:

Post a Comment