Wednesday 4 February 2015

STORY-PARAMU

PARAMU
I was a dullard; failed thrice in tenth standard; somehow, managed to get SSLC. Mother would scold me:”Who will marry you? What shall we say, if a boy comes to see you?” I will grumble :I don’t want to marry.
Father will come  to my aid:”Do not worry. It is not your fault. God made you like this.”
I used to go to the temple every day. When the door of the sanctum is closed, before opening for aarathy, I used to sing aloud devotional songs. All praised my golden voice and it encouraged me a lot.
One day an elderly Lady heard me singing and she told me  to stay. After her prayers and vazhipad etc. she said:”Girl, where do you stay? Do you like to learn music? I am in charge of Music Academy. Come to me after, calling me.” She gave me her number.
When father was told about it, he was very happy. He accompanied me to the Academy and did all the formalities necessary for enrolling me. I studied there for five long years. People came to Ask for my hand but I refused:”Papa, I don’t want to marry; try for a job for me.” He retired from electricity office and had many contacts. He found out that there is need for a music teacher at Purameri School and we went there. After seeing my certificates and hearing me sing, I got the job. Father arranged a paying guest accommodation for me and left.
I used to teach girls music privately and earn extra money. I was happy.
In the school, I had a companion of my age. She too was an ‘outsider’ like me and we became very friendly. I suggested that we may hire a small house and  live there. Paramu , the school peon could be our helper and cook. I found him to be very nice and obedient. He too agreed with my suggestion. He found a house for us and we began our life together, like a family. He could cook excellent dishes. I hate cooking and that is one reason I wanted to avoid marriage.
I used to get love letters, which I threw away without reading. My friend,  Vimala used to note down their address and reply occasionally. Often some boys came, but we did not like them. “Bring your parents,” we would say and that will be the end of it.
One day, my father came, with the photo of a man. He is quite handsome. ”Papa,  my career will come to an end, if I marry now. I am getting offers for ‘musical nights’ from all parts of Keralam. I am earning a lot. All this will end, after marriage. The public love a heroine, if she is unmarried; it is purely psychological.” He went away, happy about his idiot daughter. I gave him plenty of money and promised more, if they decide to renew our old house.
Vimala too got married. She managed a transfer to her home town in Travancore. We were left alone.

My sex urge became high, I was nearing thirty five. One night, I pulled off Paramu’s cloths and called him to my room. I too removed my blouse and pressed his hand against breast…I had bought condoms for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment