Tuesday 13 January 2015

STORY-SIMPLE GIRL

MY STORY

I wanted to marry. Being rich, all will be eager to rope me in, but how can I be sure that they are sincere?
I used to wander among temples, to pray to Him, that I may be given proper guidance. As if in answer to my request, I saw a simple, fair girl, whe was making garlands FOR THE DEITY.
I enquired:”Where do you live. What are your parents doing?”
She stood up in fear. An old woman who was also making garlands, told me that she cannot hear. I felt sad. It is not her fault. Why should she be punished? I asked the woman, about the girl’s back ground.
“She is a warriar as I am. She lives near here. If you can wait, I shall take you there.” I agreed and sat there, watching the girl. Thank God, she can hear.  With  the woman,  I talked, so that the girl can hear. After the noon pooja, we went to her house. Seeing me, the parents came out.
“Gentlemen, I am unable to reveal my identity. Bt I want this girl’s horoscope. Whet is her name? Is she educated?”
“Her name is Aparna; she is a graduate and can dance. Some instruments she can play, which she learned, by observing others play.”
“Is she employed?” “She gets wages for making garlands.”
When it was time for meals, they invited me. It was a well maintained house. While returning, I got her horoscope and I promised to write as early as possible. The girl came up to the bus stop. She smiled and waived her hand
I came back and showed her horoscope to my astrologer. He showed surprise:”Sir, I have not seen a better  horoscope, matching with yours. But there is ‘gulikan’ in her second house, indicating defect in speech.”
“She cannot speak, but I love her. She is a ‘warasyar’, knows dancing ”
“But, Sir, you can have many good girls, who will be glad to be your wife.”
“The may love my riches, not me. This girl does not know anything about me. I went there, as an ordinary devotee. Give me your note, about our stars matching. This must be kept secret, otherwise, my sisters will interfere.”
I went back to my girl, who was extremely happy. I showed her father, the note of the astrologer and stayed there, in their house. After getting their clearance, I insisted on a simple marriage in that temple only. Thus we became husband and wife. We shifted to a hired accommodation, to enjoy the simple life, with this innocent girl.
I gave money for reconstructing their wariam, and also for innovating the temple. After some months only, we went to my home

No comments:

Post a Comment