Saturday 24 January 2015

KERALAM-5

KERALAM-5
Irijalakuda uthsavam
During the pooram at Irijalakuda temple, Sudha, Meghna  and Damodaran decided to see it. My wife and myself went with them. They had a car at their disposal and the journey was comfortable. Inside the temple there were several elephants and drum beating, fireworks etc. as usual. Sudha went on taking photos in her video. When the elephants were near the eastern Gopuram, I went a little way towards the elephants, as these animals are my fovourite. When I returned to my wife, I missed her. The purse was with her; all my efforts failed and I did not know what to do. So I stood in the que for ‘prasada oottu’.
It was quite tasty and pudding too was there. Unlike at Guruvayoor, it was buffe system with each man carrying his steel plate and moving forward. In the end, we have to wash it. There is no ration, as far as dishes are concerned.
Now my worry was to reach home. I approached a Namboodiri house and pressed the calling bell. A lady came out and I explained my predicament. I introduced myself as a Namoodiri and asked for twenty rupees. She gave it and I thanked her.
Then I walked to the bus stand and boarded the bus for Oorakam, where I got the bus for Chathakudam.

Sudha and family went to Avittathur, had meals there, in their relative’s house and returned comfortably, along with my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment