Friday 23 January 2015

IN KERALAM-1

IN KERALAM-1
I left Keralam in 1957 and went out, to earn a living.
In 1998, we returned to this State, leaving our children and grandchildren in Delhi. We could not continue in CS puram, as Sudhir’s would be wife is employed here, at Trichur, in SNA Oushadhasala.. So my first priority was to find a place to live in.
The natural choice was our ancestral home at Kadalassery, on the bank of the river Karuvannoor puzha. Practically no one stayed in that big house and I had conveyed my wish, to the concerned person, but it did not click.  When I discussed my plight to K.K.Raman, his wife Indira told me there is a god terrace building near by. We went there and were satisfied, though the house was locked. Indira told Damu the house owner’s brother and he agreed to keep it clean and ready for occupation.
My next step was to arrange the marriage of Sudhir and Sreeja.  I went to my wife house at Shoranur,  made a draft invitation letter and got it printed there. We prepared a list of the persons to be invited and came back. I went from house to house and delivered the letter. This way, I could meet all people and update my whereabouts.  Then my daughters and Ranjith, Vasudevan etc. came along with Damodaran, my son-in-law, who took over tne full charge.  We arranged a van to take people from Manavazhi, where we lived, to Perumbilissery, the place of marriage in a temple there. There was only garlanding; no rituals were performed.
The same day, kudiveppu (reception)was also done. The date was

 28-12-2004

No comments:

Post a Comment