Thursday 15 January 2015

STORY-A FACE

STORY-A  FACE
I remember a face, so sweet that it lingers in my mind , even after , thirty years. During this period, I married and now I have three children. I am working in a Bank, where the number of visitors are in lakhs, over the years. I hoped she may turn up any moment, though she may not, even have noticed me. I had seen her in a marriage, when I was seventeen years old.  I went here and there in the halls, hoping to see that face again, but in vain.
In course of time, I began to forget it . Recently I saw her again in the facebook and my hopes revived. My search revealed, that she is in Australia. To find out her email address or phone number, was my next attempt, that too failed. Why am I so insistent about a face. Now she must have changed; even if I succeed, will she care for me? What a fool am I? Anyway, I had copied her photo in my computer .
When my daughter passed M.Sc., she applied for scholarship in Australia. She wanted me to accompany her there. I had taken VRS from the Bank. Now we both applied for passport and visa. Australia is a unique continent , worth visiting . I had a vague hope of finding my girl.
It took more than a month to be ready for the travel. I had a friend in Australia and he invited me to come and stay in his house. I was free from tension. We had informed our program and my friend came to receive us at the airport. We both had changed considerably but we recognized each other quickly. “He is Raj,” I told my friend. “I am Sooja” my daughter  introduced herself. .
Raj had good contacts and  Sooja’s admission etc. were settled in record time. “I like to contact our High Commission here.” I told Raj.
So we went there and I showed the photo of ‘my girl’ in the office. They searched in their computer and said:”She is Thressia, working in the University.  What do you want?”  “Just a courtesy call “I said. They immediately connected her. “I am Raj; my friend likes to meet you.”
“No problem; tell him to come on Sunday. My house number is- flat no. 572, College ground.”
My heart fluttered; what shell I tell her? We took Sooja too with us. In a family meeting, I do not have to say anything particularly.
The meeting was highly successful. Thressia is unmarried and living alone in the big house. She seemed to be impressed by me:”I do like you. Some power is pulling me to you. You and your daughter may stay here as long as you like. Raj, thank you for bringing them to me. I have no company here.” She sent her car to bring our luggage.

In the night, while Sooja was studying, we talked.:”I am lonely; God has sent you to me. Not like India; here sex is free. Shall we not celebrate our union, in a sexy way?,” she pulled me to her room

No comments:

Post a Comment