Tuesday 29 September 2015

WOMAN


STORY-LIBERATED WOMAN SEMINAR When I came out, after giving a prolonged lecture on environment, during the seminar on this subject, many people congratulated me. A young girl asked:”Are you going home?” “No, I want a cup of tea.” The girl led me into the canteen. We were sipping tea, standing, as there were no chairs. She asked my address. “Why do you want it? Who are you? What are you doing?” “Sir, if you have finished here, I shall take you to my home or it may be our home; I like to talk to you leisuerely.” I was undecided; she prompted me:”Come to my home Sir. My father will be happy to see you. He is a retired Professor.” After overcoming the confusion of traffic in the town, she increased the speed of her car recklessly, forcing me to remark:”I have my wife and children to care for. Please reduce the speed.” Her home is a palatial building, with a big lawn and dog. I am afraid of dogs. She patted the animal and we entered the house. “Papa, it is Doctor Moorthy; we are coming from the seminar in the Town Hall.” “You carry on, I have to go out. Sorry Sir, I have some urgent work. Come again.” She too seemed to welcome our privacy. She took me to her room. There is a big painting of Rabindranath Tagore. “Who has done this painting? Are you a fan of the big man? We sat in a sopha. “The painting is my work. Is it any good? I studied in Santhiniketan. We were in Calcutta.” She pressed the buzzer and a waiter appeared.”Bring something good to eat. We are hungry. Sir, anything special you like to have?” “I prefer bread and omelette. And coffee.” “Now I shall answer your queries. My name is Ammukutty. I do nothing. Reading and painting are my hobby. I like travelling, but Papa is stay at home type. I am seeking a friend, irrespective of age or caste. I like you and so I sought to have your company.” “I think we can get on well, from whatever you told me. Travel is costly, otherwise, I like it very much.” “Do not worry about money. As the only daughter, I am very rich.” The eatables came and we became busy in doing justice to our food. “Are you orthodox, as your name suggests?” “No. I dabbled in politics also but found it irksome. I like Marx, an original thinker.” “I am a fully liberated woman, including sex, which is only a biological process. But marriage is a man made disaster “Have you been to the Himalayas?” “No. I m not ready to go alone; father does not like to risk anything. He likes a settled life. If you come with me we shall go immediately.” “I have to consult my wife.” “They can also come. Shall I come with you right now” Seeing my hesitation, she guessed:”First let me know her. Then only we can suggest Himalayan tour.” So we went together and She was received warmly by my wife. She had lunch with us and was full of praise for her dishes. My son studying in the High School, was a bit reserved. “You have no daughter?” she asked. My wife replied:”She died in an accident.” “So sorry to hear of it.” She left after discussing the Himalayan tour and my wife agreed. I went up to the point she got into her car. “I shall miss you Sir. Let us begin the tour immediately and then we can be together always. Give me a kiss. “ I put my head inside and she kissed me for one full minute. She decided to go up to Haridwar in her own car.. She contacted some tour operators and fixed up program for onward journey, in thir vehicle, as driving in the hills needed special experience, she said. At the last minute, my wife backed out and we began our journey alone. She said it is our honey moon. We both were fully satisfied and enjoyed the Himalayan tour, about which I published a book. She noted down all details and I dictated the contents of the book. This way, we published several books on different topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment