Tuesday 29 September 2015

GIRL


STORY-GIRL GIRL I was traveling in the second class compartment of the train, to my office at Church Gate. The girl sitting opposite, was watching me. She asked:”Are you not Dattan of Kizhakoot house?” “How do you know me?” “I saw you in a marriage recently at Dadar. My mother had told me about you. She knows your family.” “Is her name Sumitra?” “Oh, yes. You were class mates in the school at Changanassery, she told me.” She gave me her mobile number before she got down at Dadar. Thus began our friendship. She came recently to Bombay and joined a private firm as receptionist. Her name is Ammini. I lived in far away Thane. I am a medical representative and came to the HQ at Church Gate only once a week. Of course I sent daily reports through email. So our meetings were rare. But she called me daily before going to bed. Girl-2 I became depressed. For the last three months, I fell short of my targets; any time I may be sacked. I told this to my friend. She advised me to send her my photo and bio-date. She took some time to give a feed back. I was laid up in my room, with high fever. I called her for help. She flt my temperature and immediately took out ice pieces from the freezer, broke them into powder and filled it in a polythene bag, which she placed on my forehead. In a few minutes I went to sleep,; when I woke up, after some time, she made tea and brought it to my bed. “If you could only be here with me always! I have no other wish in life.” She kissed my cheek and smiled:” That could be done in a day. Our parents won’t object. But we must work. That is very important. My boss has called you for an interview tomorrow.” I stood up and all my depression vanished. That night she remained with me and cooked food. “I never thought that you can prepare dishes so tasty. We slept in the same bed. I slept soundly and got up refreshed in the morning. We went to her room first, as her cloths had to be changed. After the meeting, her boss told her:”He is fit to be our Assistant Manager. Only thing is, he will have to go out, either in the Gulf or in USA. I was busy in the preparations for the journey and her parents too came in the Airport. She almost wept, but I consoled her. “Gulf is only a few hour away. Any time I can come here”. We kissed good by.

No comments:

Post a Comment