Sunday 20 September 2015

DOSA


DIARY (17-4-2015) -MASALA DOSHA When my wife was here, she used to make masala dosha which I enjoyed very much. I had occasion to eat this yesterday. This is how it happened. I wanted to continue my work in the Civil Office at Kakanad. I purchased a ticket for Aluva I Instead of KK express, I got into Kannur-TVM superfast train and was surprised to see the response of travelers . I could sell a dozen books in the train. But the train did not stop even at Aluva and in one hour I reached Ernakulam. I walked towards the bus stop and enquired about the Corporation Office , as I had forgotten the location. The cost of the ticket is only Rs. Seven and I sold several books, though the response at Trichur office was much better. Most staff confessed their inability to understand English. Malayalam story book was already sold out . I have given advance for the second edition. At eleven thirty, I took hot vada and tea at the staff canteen and sold some books in various Banks, Then I boarded a bus which came near Ernakulam North station and got down at Kacheri padi. An auto charged only twenty and luckily there was a train at 1.30. As I was not hungry yet, I did not take meals . It was funny that this train also did not stop anywhere. The AC coaches where I tried to sell books were blocked on either side and I spent the time standing . By the time I reached Trichur , I was hungry and ordered masal dosha. The diameter of the dosa was more than a foot. Of course, it was tasty but the cost was forty rupees. I then went to the market to buy soybean. To my utter surprise, the whole sale dealer ‘Best Baker’, from whom I used to by this, had closed his shop. Another shop I knew , had no stock at that time but told me to wait and sent his boy to bring it and I had to wait for some ten minutes. This waiting cost me dear, as I missed my connecting bus at Poochunnipadam, had left a few minutes earlier. The auto charge was sixty rupees.

No comments:

Post a Comment