Wednesday 23 September 2015

STORY-GANGHARY


SHORT STORY – GANDHARY I was crossing the road. In the middle of the road, I saw a blind man trying to walk carefully. I instinctively caught hold of his hand and led him with me, to the other side. Then only I looked at him. So majestic a personality, I had never seen before. I was reluctant to release his hand. He asked: who are you? I felt embarrassed. First tell me about yourself: Why are you alone? Is there no body to accompany you? In this world every blind man is alone. What about your parents? They are school teachers. My elder sister is married and settled at Nagpur. After doing MA in English literature, I became blind after a road accident. I know this town very well. So I can manage. Just now I am alone. On an impulse I said: I am free. Will you take me to your house? He must have been taken by surprise. Which woman will say like this at the first encounter? Isaid: Do not worry. I like to know more about you. We will sit on this bench in the park. Just for some time, I suggested. I felt guilty. Had he seen my face, he would have run away, as from a leper. God took too much time to make my brains; in a hurry he threw some clay on the skull, made some human shape out of it and left, before giving finishing touches. Instead of paint, he used coal tar. But the brain is something He designed with particular care. I can remember any number if I hear once. Telephone numbers, PIN code, date of birth – anything remains engraved there, which gave me the nick name number girl. He seems interested in literature. He used to write poems and stories before fate struck him. At heart I thanked Him, as I was very eager to have male company. I was already thirty, needless to say still unmarried. Are you single? Who will marry a blind man? I sang a song in a very low volume, though no one was there in the park, just to impress him. He heard it and complimented: you have a lovely voice. You should have learned music. I was too busy in my studies. I have just now got my PhD in maths. Oh! You are a genius. Afterwards, we used to meet regularly taking care to remain unobserved as far as possible. I was too eager to marry, but was afraid to propose. If he refuses, even this opportunity to meet and look at his handsome face will be lost. I was called to attend a conference of mathematicians in Rome. It was to be a brief visit, but, when I mentioned it, he was overcome with emotion and held me tight and whispered those three sweet words, which we all like to hear, at least once in our life ! I was surprised to find that my facial blot did not affect life in Rome. There were several black girls. My colleagues respected me. They used to invite me for dinner. I shed my inhibitions and inferiority complex and literally danced with joy in the night clubs. One night my friend, a Keniyan girl took me to her room. Her boy friend was already there. We had drinks. It went to my head. It was pitch dark, when the fellow lying with me started stroking my thighs. I felt a joy never known to me before. I myself removed my skirt and the thick long thing pierced my hymen, filling my inside with the warm liquid with a fragrance, intoxicating and heady. When I woke up he was gone. I switced on the light and saw A white guy entering my room. Stark naked, I ran to him and envelpod him with my body. I took the initiative, as I had learned the way to a man’s sexy heart and wanted a repetition of the bliss I enjoyed earlier. I took his lower lip in my hungry mouth and sucked it. I felt his small phallus enlarging, but it never reached the size of the black one, which was at least eight inches long. I took the thing in my mouth…. Thus I became a sexually liberated, empowered woman. That night I concieved. I knew it when I missed my next period. When I returned from Rome I contacted my friend on phone. Can I see your father? Silence. Tell me dear, it is urgent. Let me speak to my father first. Even after two months, he did not show up. I will be the mother of a negro baby , with my colour. Or a white one? On some excuse, I shifted to Chandigarh. I was really busy and money was flowing in from different institutions, for research. When I went home to see my ailing mother, I went to my lover’s house. It was a very old house but the surroundings were quiet. He was sitting alone in his veranda. I went to him noiselessly and kissed him. Oh, you ! My parents are not here. They are away. I asked him point blank: when do we get married? Even as he was hesitating, I pulled him to his bed and and it was all over, before the poor fellow realised what had happened. My Dhrutharashtr did it with zest and tenderness. I took care to wash his undergarments. Whithin a few days, we were married. I gave birth to a black girl and a white boy. I still feel gateful to my negro lover !

No comments:

Post a Comment