Saturday 14 March 2015

STORY-PARTNER


PARTNER

My in-laws have a complaint that I have no income of my own. I am conscious of it. My brother- in-law is also unemployed,  but he is single. We both decided to open a marriage bureau, at Guruvayoor, the temple town, where we can expect thousands of parents, eager to find partners for their daughters and sons.

My brother-in-law Sajan is an astrologer and expert in making computer horoscopes. After opening the office room, equipped with computer, internet etc,  we waited. The morning hours did not bring any visitors.  My partner was busy, collecting data of candidates from the net. By three PM, a father came. He had a worried look. I patiently heard him, collected all data about the girl and took her horoscope and photo.

He said:”It is ten years, since I began fretting for my daughter. Please help me. How much advance should I give?”

“We are doing a service. I am married . We both have property; this is a service, no advance please,” I said. But he thrust a five hundred note in my pocket and left. Sajan studied the horoscope and found out the villainous planet in the horoscope and shifted it to the safe house. Then matching cases were searched and found. In one week we called the father and gave him a dozen cases. During rthis period a number of people registered their cases and our income went up.

The father came and told us that his daughter’s marriage has been fixed. He invited us for the function and gave me ten thousand as gift, as he said it.

In the marriage, he told all people about our ability in fixing marriages. Our popularity graph went up.

No comments:

Post a Comment