Saturday 21 March 2015

PALAKAD CIVIL OFFICE (21-3-2015)

PALAKAD CIVIL OFFICE (21-3-2015)
SOME SURPRISES
I had some work in the SBI office, Palakad , as my pension account is there. I applied for transferring it, to the branch at Vallachira. I was surprised to see that the office is shifted to the opposite side of the road. I gave the application to the Manager and he assured that it will be done. Now My life certificate can be signed at the office at Vallachira. No need to send it to Palakad branch.
I had carried with me, a number of my new book of Malayalam short stories, costing Rs.25. These were sold like biscuits, in the Civil Office. Then the old English books too were sold out.
When I came to KSRTC bus stand, there was another surprise-the old office hs been demolished and the new office , if any, is yet to come up. On the way to Trichur, a number of flyovers are under construction. The widening of NH47 is going on at snails’ speed. This is no surprise !

No comments:

Post a Comment