Wednesday 31 December 2014

WHEN I ALMOST COLLAPSED

Several times have I read in Malayalam newspapers about people collapsing and dying at railway platforms, work places etc.

Two days back, I had this nasty experience.
The whole night I could not sleep because of loose motion. I became extremely weak.
In the morning, I avoided break fast, for fear of further trouble. So I remained in bed till about 9 AM.
Afterwards, I had strong coffee and had to walk a little in connection with the ritual (upanayanam-janyu) to attend which we had gone there. I remained with other guests for some time and slowly walked back to my room.
To my surprise I found that ladies had occupied my room; so I tried to climb upstairs for a place to lie down. In the exertion, I lost consciousness for a few seconds and collapsed on the staircase . I vaguely remember some lady (it was Sheela) helping me to get up and continued climbing the remaining steps.
Soon some one placed a pillow over a mat spread there in a hurry and I felt all right after a minute. To satisfy the small crowd around me, I sat up for a few seconds and then I was left alone.
I was given water with a small quantity of sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment