Tuesday 30 December 2014

WE LIVE IN VIRTUAL WORLD

The child playing with Barbie doll, is making a virtual world for her enjoyment. Once I switched off the fan, as no one was in the room. My grandchild became angry. She shouted “My baby is sleeping; she will wake up”!

A devotee of gods enters a virtual world, when he enters a temple of worship. The calm and serene atmosphere inside, is soothing to the nerves.
“The poet, the lunatic and the lover” live perpetually in this imaginary environment, which is the creative world of writers. While writing short stories, my characters are my companions.
We will be reduced to money making robots, if imagination is negated by reason.
A person returning home at dead of night, sees an apparition near a peepul tree, considered to be the abode of ghosts, falls ill and dies. People will agree that it is the work of supernatural forces, because, for most people, spirits are a reality. It is pure fantasy.
Even while walking, I remain in virtual world and am surprised by an oncoming vehicle when it horns.
When I lie down on a bed in the terrace and watch the stars, I walk in the sky, far far away in the extremity of space.
These days the TV channels provide another virtual world, for friendship and the characters become alive in the virtual world
Alcohol, drugs and sex create a temporary happy state,.to forget the reality.
Festivals of all sorts are an attempt to escape into the unreal world.

No comments:

Post a Comment