Tuesday 30 December 2014

VALLACHIRA POST OFFICE

I had never seen the Post Office

The Centre of the village is a cross roads.
The East-West road connects Poochunnipadam in the West and Chathakudam Sastha temple in the East The road cutting it, goes towards the Vaidyarathnam H.Q in the North and Sharikal Durga temple in the opposite direction. You can easily spot the State Bank of India, the Panchayath office, Community hall etc, but never the Post Office, which is still the life line of the villages surrounding it.
So, when I wanted to post a letter, I had to make enquiries.
At last, some guy took me to the Krishi Bhavan and the to a small room, where a lady was busily writing and a man who was collecting dak for distribution. I cold not believe it is the Post Office
I waited for some ten minutes before she finished her writing.
I want a envelop for sending a registered letter, I told her.
Not available, was the reply.
Ordinary envelop?
Again No.
My humble request to whoever may be, is that the Post Office be shifted to the main street in the Centre, where rooms are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment