Saturday 15 August 2015

STORY-MOTHER


STORY I am an eligible bachelor. The normal practice is for the girl’s parents to contact me for fixing marriage. So far none took interest , though I am eager to marry. We are half a dozen men and our eldest a female , who is married to a farmer. Men folk are reluctant to get married I do not know why. I am an engineer in the Taluk Office and earn extra money too . Some of the ladies working there are interested in my case, but back out , when they visit our joint family. They would have thought of the burden on the house wife of such a big family . One day some gentlemen in pants came to visit us. They asked for my details , as it was a working day. So they promised to come on Sunday . So I am excited , as it is Sunday. After seeing the house and our rice fields they asked me poit blank:” Our girl is not interested in staying in this family . If you agree to shift to the town , we can consider. Our eldest, Bhasker, did not say anything . and they went back , giving me their phone number. I was disappointed. I was in my office. One of the men who had come to see us approached me and requested me to come out. He took me to a restaurant , where a young lady was also waiting . She seemed very young , slender and plain, rather dark coloured. We sat round a table and he ordered coffee. “I know you will not like to discuss it , when your brothers are present. I am her father . Her name is Priya . She graduated in science and now she is working as teacher in a school , here itself. “ “I do not mind staying in the family. I had seen you in the office and liked you ,” she said. I remained mum . The girl is all right , though I am much senior in years. I promised to inform them and exchanged mobile numbers . At home I discussed with all , including my sister . They were shown the photo. My sister was very enthusiastic. “Nice girl; she does not appear to be haughty.” So it was decided and I conveyed to Priya. She began to come to my office daily . All knew about our affair. I deliberately delayed marriage for six months “ I have a chit fund which will mature by then; I want to mke it a big thing , inviting all my friends.” “I have no patience. I want sex.” So we sought secluded places , after sun set . I found her to be very hot and innovative . Somehow the waiting period was over and we were married. For honey moon , we chose Kodaikanal. It was summer vacation. So Priya was free. I had enough leave at my credit . After enjoying the stay at Kodaikanal , we returned home . She enjoyed the stay at my home , more than the honey moon. She liked to cook food and see agricultural activities , because she had never seen it . During this period , she informed me that I am going to be a father. Seeing our success, my brothers also began to get married . Within one year our home became a big family . People praised Priya as the torch bearer. All jubilation came to an end , when she was admitted for delivery. The Doctor said he cannot save both. With great reluctance , I allowed the baby to be sacrificed . I told the Doctor , not to inform the mother. When it was over Priya cried aloud . I told her we must consult Ayurvedic Physicians about improving her system . She was given herbal tonics and yoga exercises. We went and prayed at all temples. We decided to abstain from sex. After one year , we decided to have one more trial. She became pregnant almost immediately. This time the Doctor was able to save a girl child and its mother…

No comments:

Post a Comment