Saturday 8 August 2015

MY FIRST DAY IN DELHI


MY FIRST DAY IN DELHI My earlier life in Delhi was regulated by daily visit to Guruvayoor temple . In those days , I used to walk all the way from Ph two to Ph. One , where the temple is located. Vow I am pretty old and have to depend on ricksahaw . Now , I am told that they charge Rs. Fifty . I almost abandoned the idea and chose to go to the Ganesh temple at Ph two where Damodarah has to go for my soybean and other items needed for the kitchen. Leena’s children Ananya and Anaushka also came in the car. Leena had gone out in the morning for some purchases . When contacted , she said she is too reach in a few minutes by Metro. The latter is in Ph. one , near Guruvayoor temple . So I told them we all can visit the temple. The girls were in shorts , which is not allowed. So they were given dhoti at the temple office , which was worn over the shorts. This was returned , when we finished and came out. This is a good system they have discovered , as many girls are now wearing shorts. Children wanted packets of appam , so these too we bought . In the temple I gave ticket for arhana and received Prasad. We also picked several pieces of coconut near Ganeshji . In our return , we came to Ph two and bought milk , oil etc. The smell of fried samosa invited attention and we bought many. It was so hot that I cannot hold it . I enjoyed it . At home , the new flat TV of enormous size is a big attraction. It was purchased by my grandson Nikhil recently. It is something beyond the reach of us middle class people.

No comments:

Post a Comment