Sunday 16 August 2015

STORY-ADOPTED SISTER


STORY-ADOPTED SISTER Posted on August 17, 2015 by waterfriend | Edit ADOPTED SISTER Normally people adopt a son . This system is as old as Mahabharath. You may wonder why I adopted a sister. The fact is we are two brothers and I yearned for a sister. A sister’s love is unselfish. She expects nothing from the brother. I asked my mother:”Ma, why did you not give me a sister?” She heaved a sigh! “Doctors had to remove my uterus…” I embraced her and consoled her . That was when I was a boy. After my studies in bio environment , I was posted at Karwar, a port town on the bank of te Arabian sea. I was staying in a lodge and used to go for a morning walk .I was surprised to see a number of men jogging in the high way. One day , a car sped by me and stuck the parapet in the bridge over river Kali. The impact was so great that half of the car broke the wall and stood precariously. I went and told the inmates:”Do not move; I shall call the fire engine.” The man in the front seat withdrew his head. From the rear seat, a woman and her children,began wailing. Meanwhile the fire engine came and lifted the car, which had to be repaired . The man called for a mechanic . It seems he is familiar here . I offered them lift .:”For the time being, come and stay in my lodge. Where is your native place?” “Idigunji.” “I have heard about it . ‘”Offer prayers at the Ganesh temple and you get whatever you want.” In the lodge we exchanged details about our back ground . They are business people . Export and import is done , of raw granite blocks to Japan and import of polished granite for building works. As they left, they thanked me once more and promised to meet again .The lady’s face was imprinted in my heart. I shall tie the coloured thread on her hand on Rakshabandhan day , I told myself One Sunday, we made a trip to see Jog falls As my lady’s husband could not come , his driver was at the wheels. The two children occupied the window seats and we both sat arm in arm . It was a strange sensation, as if a radiation was passing from my heart to hers. Is it love ? On the way, we had breakfast at Kamath Hotel. There are a chain of such eating joints . Food is superb . Children asked for ice cream. I preferred milk pudding. Water bottles were stocked and the driver sped at high speed as the road was good. We passed a number of rivers . At some point I stopped the car and we came out to see the scenery. At Jog falls, the slope is so steep that we had to lie down and move like snails. We held the children tightly. But the joy of watching the torrential falls, is something worth the trouble. We travelled along dry rock and reached the opposite bank . From the top, there are steps to the bottom. Here we can stand between the rocky back ground and the falling sheet of water. We all took bath in the pool of water formed at the bottom. Lady:”Have you not seen it before?” “No. I had heard about it. It is a wonderful day . Being close to your body fills me with erotic sensation. Do you share this heavenly feeling?” She took my hand and pressed it against her full breasts. Inside my underwear, there was a fullness. “Dear, should we not celebrate it?” She kissed me hard. While climbing the steps , she held on to my shoulders . At the top, we drank tender coconut trees. That night we hired rooms in a hotel. I slept with the driver. At midnight , when the children were fast asleep , she knocked at my door. She intoned me to follow her silently. She locked the room from inside and removed my cloths and saw me from top to bottom. Soon she became nude and pulled me into her bed… At five in the morning , she released me! From there, we went to Idigunji Ganesh temple . She told the poojari to offer special prayers for us .She gave ample ‘dakshina’ We had food in the temple, where it is offered free. When we reached home her husband offered me :” I have been thinking of appointing a Manager to assist me . Would you be ready?” The lady seconded it and I became General Manager of the business. Almost daily she would make a visit to the office, where we spent some time in privacy. News of my mother’s illness came . Immediately I got ready. “You take me also . I have not been to Ujjain” We went by train. There we saw my mother in a critical condition:”I may not live long. I want to see you married.” We first went to Mahakaleswar. Seeing the grand old temple , she was very much impressed . Then we saw Kali temple where the great poet became Kalidas. The Shani temple on the bank of the river was not omitted. We discussed mother’s wish. The possibility of arranging a mock wedding was also discussed, to satisfy Ma. “I think it is a good idea ,”she said. “By conducting the ceremony in a temple , we satisfy the Gods too.” “We will be free from the charge of adultery. More than one husband is allowed in the ‘puranas’ “ So that solemn ceremony was conducted and Ma became happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment