Sunday 4 October 2015

STORY UNSPOKEN LOVE


STORY-UNSPOKEN LOVE Love We used to get down at the same time from the bus at Trichur. She would go to a school , I found out after following her. “What do you want?” she asked . There was no annoyance; she looked amused. “Nothing ; I wanted to know where you go.” “what are you doing?” “Job typing in front of the Taluk Office. I get Rs. Hundred average.” “I can offer the same money if you work as peon in my school. Are you educated? “Did MA in Malayalm.” “Then come with me to the Office.” Thus began our friendship. She is Principal in plus two section. Very fair and dignified , may be thirty five. I gathered that she is unmarried As I knew English , I could help in office work also. When ever a teacher did not come, f conducted the class. Madam attended the class for the first time and was pleased . So she posted me as substitute teacher , when one teacher in primary section took maternity leave. My salary became five thousand . My mother was pleased. Some o the lady teachers were very friendly with me . One day Madam asked:” Why don’t you marry Sulochana ? She is good natured and fair.” I secretly loved Madam, but did not have the courage to say so. Of course she is much elder, but I did not mind it. I tried toknow more about her, but she evaded my enquiries. The post man said she lived in a palatial building . Among the staff , no one had seen it. The school Management confirmed me as a teacher . Time passed smoothly . One day , the Police came to the Office and told Madam that a man seriously injured lay unconscious and they wanted her to come and identify him. They saw her mobile number in the phone of the injured person and that is why they contacted her. Madam told me to accompany her. His face was disfigured, but Madam had no difficulty in identifying him . He hd come once or twice to see Madam. She told them that he is an Army Officer. His parents were informed. Before they came, he passed away. Madam was terribly upst. She embraced me and cried. I could not console her. She revealed tht he was her secret lover . Due to the fact that he is a Muslim , they did not want to marry. “I am pregnant, only one month. I had not told him. To avoid a bad name , You must marry me. I know that you love me. Can you accept the baby? I do not want to lose the baby.” I agreed. Our marriage was a big event in the school and I lived in the palace , because she belonged to the Royal family.

No comments:

Post a Comment