Sunday 4 October 2015

A NEW FACE


WELCOME RAINS A dry spell of several days was broken last night , when it rained for almost the whole night. In monsoon period, the days are divided into ‘jnattuvelas. Literally, it means work in the rice field. One period is of two weeks. The rains will be heavy in makeeram jnattuvela onwards. The panchangam indicates the jnattuvelas. It predicts the rain fall of the next year too. A VISITOR A lady had called me seeking an appointment. I told her to come at ten in the morning. Exactly at ten, she came in an auto. She is an elderly woman and as soon as she was seated, she told her mission:”I read part of your autobiography in Malayalam in the Public library at Trichur and liked it very much. But other parts were not available there.” I brought volume one and three:”Only one copy is available ; read it and return to me. Where do you live?” “At the eastern gopuram of Sastha temple at Thiruvelakavu. I am doing research about this temple. I have written notes about it but am not satisfied. Can you help me?” I thought for some time and it dawned in my mind that we must contact Pattath Mana. The Namboothiris of that house had done pooja till the Temple Committee took over the management of the temple. I suggested going there:”There must be panayola granthams at Pattath Mana; let us go there.” So we hired an auto and went there. The old man knew me and I introduced the lady and told about her mission. “There are granthas bundled up in the attic. Come next Sunday and I shall keep it ready.” Lady:”Do you know about the origin of the name Thiruvellakavu?” “It is Thiruvalakavu; The Sastha remains at the right side of Shiva at Peruvanam. The God was installed at Thiruvallakavu.” The lady was satisfied and we went back to Poochunipadam.

No comments:

Post a Comment