Saturday 13 June 2015

DIARY


DIARY -13-6-15 I had to attend a marriage. I thought I would miss one day for selling books. The Malayalam short stories are selling like hot cakes and I did not like to lose a day. So I went to the Railway platform first. The marriage too was at Trichur. As usual , I went to the platform No. one first and then to the No. two. Some nine books were sold and it was ten. I hired an auto and reached the hall where marriage was, in fifteen minutes. I met several relatives and time passed. Marriage rites were going on and by 11.30 , meals began. All items are the same in all marriages and I enjoyed sweet pudding too. I tried to get free lift in cars of relatives but all seats were booked already. I had an idea . The people on the railway station platforms must have changed by this time and I can try my luck again, It proved right. I sold all books and came home empty handed , carrying the bag only. By 2 PM I reached home, jubilant. Within half an hour, it began to rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment