Friday 10 July 2015

KAKANAD


KAKANAD The Civil Station here , is most inconvenient to visit. After getting down from the bus , one has to walk around the office wall , built high , as around a jail . I am inclined to hire an auto , but there is no auto stand. (Our Collectorate at Trichur , is most comfortable. The bus stops very near and there is auto stand there itself) My preference for Kakanad is that there is scope to sell as many books as I can carry. Yesterday , I earned one thousand rupees and the first three flours could not be covered as my bag became empty. I am told that there are any number of offices in the ‘Smart city’. So far I could not locate where it is. There is a local train for Ernakulam leaving Ollur at 8AM. Now it is funny that for Ernakulam North , it is still fifteen rupees only , but for South , it is twenty! I had been to a college near South Station , but unable to locate it now. Yesterday I paid Rs forty to the prepaid auto and he took me to another college in the Market. As it was ten , the classes had begun ; so I went to the attached School , where I easily sold five books. When I left the room and reached the gate , a lady came running for a book. “Sir, would you like to have tea?” I declined but the gesture enlivened my heart! It was then, that I went to Kakanad

No comments:

Post a Comment