Tuesday 7 July 2015

A RAINY DAY


A RAINY DAY It being the peak of rainy season , I used to carry a small umbrella . When I left home , the sky was clear and the Sun beat me hard. When I was in the bus , it began to rain . Torrents of water drenched the bus. When the bus halted at Ollur , I stood in front of a hotel , for some ten minutes . Then I walked some distance to the stop for the buses going towards Cochin. Before I reached the shelter , it became heavy rain. Somehow , I managed to rteach the shelter and waited. In the bus also rains were heavy. My aim was Higher Secondary School at Varanthirappilly , on the way to the Eastern Ghats. Some distance I walked quickly , with my bag protecting my head. Some consolation , when I reached the School building. The teachers behaved as if they were expecting me . As the classes were to start only after half an hour , I sold twenty books and thanked them. I went to a Bank and then the Panchayath office at Alagappanagar. By the time I sold all the books , It was noon time and I wanted to return home . To board the bus towards Ollur , I had to cross the road , The bus stop was some ten yards away and I was too tired to walk . So I got into the bus going to Pudukkad . That was the mistake . I waited till one and there was no sign of the bus for Urakam . I had to shell out seventy rupees to the autowalla. The lesson: always carry the umbrella

No comments:

Post a Comment