Monday 13 July 2015

A MARRIAGE


A MARRIAGE From Ashvini Hospital , where I had gone to visit my wife , I spent some time selling books . It was eleven O clock and I decided t return home. I had decided to sell some books at Vaidyarathnam Corporate off ice and luckily , there was a bus passing that way. I told my relative Mallika about my mission and she said immediately:” Today is Sasi’s son’s marriage; are you not going there?” “Oh! I forgot . Thank you for reminding me.” I got out and , luckily , an auto was passing by m I hailed it and reached the Parvathy marriage hall at Edakunni in fifteen minutes. The marriage was over , The last batch was sitting for the feast. I saw Soya and told her about my wife’s operation. After wards , I went up to see the newly married couple. The photographer was busy. Soya told him to take my photo with the couple on either side . So a record of my visit is now available. Sasi’s son who is in America, was seeing me after a number of years. Afterwards , I went to my mother’s house at Naruvakulangarsa , along with Soya , and participated in ‘kudiveppu’, reception of the bride . It was here that I lived while studying in St. Thomas College. Soya and Sasi (the first child Mohanan is no more) were small then.

No comments:

Post a Comment