Saturday 11 April 2015

DIARY


DIARY-(11-4-2015)

More than a dozen pensioners , above the age of eighty ,  had been invited to attend the annual meeting of the Pensioners Association, Trichur, to be honoured.

I reached the venue at nine, though the time notified was ten. Even at ten, there were only a few people. The meeting began by about eleven. First of all, we stood up to remember those who had left us during the one year. Then the elders were given a shaul, bordered with golden thread. We were allowed to speak for some time. I introduced myself and briefly described my career and other life activities like writing books. There was a Lady whose daughter too had retired !

We were given vada and tea.

The proceedings lingered and I left at twelve. When I reached Shakthan stand, a KSRTC limited stop bus was about to start. Luckily , it did not stop anywhere and I reached Poochunnipadam by one o clock. In another ten minutes, Chethy bus for Chathakudam arrived. Had I been late, I would have to pay Rs. 60 auto charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment