Wednesday 26 November 2014

SHORT STORY - ETHIOPIA

I was in Bombay, searching for a job. The Ethiopian Embassy advertised for teachers and I contacted the number  given in the ad.It was in Marine Drive. After waiting for some time, I was called in.
He was an English gentleman, softspoken and middle aged. After examining my papers, he asked:”Have you worked as teacher before?”
“No”
“We want trained teachers; experinced hands may als be considered. Have you a passport?”
“No”
“Then get one immediately. You have good marks. I shall recommend your case. After working for some time, they may send you for training”. I was satisfied; I went to my friend, who had sponsord my trip to Bombay and explained my need for money.
“How much will be the plane fare?”
“That they will give. But I will have to spend money till I get my pay. Money will be needed for cloths etc. I know that I am troubling you. But I am very eager to go.” He took me to one Erady in YMCA. He promised help and told us to contact him after two days. In the meantime, my friend withdrew money from ATM and purchased cloths forme.In short, I got into the plane for Africa.
A lady was next to my seat, luckily a Malayalee. She said:” do not worry. Any one will help you, you have such sweet smile.”She was somewhat fat and middlle aged a nun. She helped my to tie the set belt; the feminine touch was soothing.
“Do not think otherwise, are you Christian?”
I am Hindu, Bhaskaran by name. I am going to Ethiopia to work as teacher.”
“For Jusus, all are equal”
She patted my cheek. The flight was in the night. I could not see anything. In the morning the plane touched down at the Airport. The nurse accompanied me to the Embassy.
I met the receptionist. A very beautiful negro girl. I could not believe that they could be so sweet! The hair curled just like minute springs; having cut short, it looked like a wig. Her face was oily black. She smiled, showing her white, strong teeth. The black eyes emitted a powerful radiation. Only the dark lips were a disappointment.
“You are a Hindu, I supposes. All can get a job here; but Christians get preferential treatment. I would advise you to get converted into Christianity. If you want, I shall speak to the Father”
” shall be glad”
“You are appointed in Don Bosco School. We will send you in our van. Go and refresh yourself”
A negro took my bag and suitcase; I accompanied him to the bath room.
All buildings were clean and painted green, very soothing to the eyes. Tea and bread omlette was brought. along wit sugar cubes, as the tea was without sugar.
It was twelve, when I reached the school. A middle aged, soft spoken Englishman is the Principal. I showed him my papers.
“You are from Kerala. You speak Malayalam;I was there.
You are having good marks; that is why you got this. Normally we take only trained people.
Do not worry, we have arrangements to train teachers, while working here.
Come. I shall introduce you to the teachers”
Most of the teachers were Englishmen and women; some Negroes were young women.
When it was time for the morning session to end, Father came.
“You are the teacher from Kerala? I was told that you are interested in conversion to Christianity. May I know why?”
“It is a humane religion. I admire Sister Teresa”
“O.K. Come on Sunday.”
Then a driver from the Embassy cam. “You come to the embassy. Madam told me to bring you there.”
I told the Principal and accompanied him.
She beamed with joy. “I am happy you met the Father, he told me. Don’t you want to tell your mother? I shall connect her. Outside it will be costly.
I forgot to enquire, where will you live? Have the money to hire a house? What about food?”
By this time, mother’s phone came.”Ma, I got a job as teacher in Ethiopia. You must open an account in SBI. I shall deposit money in it and you can withdraw at will. Go to some cyber cafe and open e:mail account. We can write any time. Are you all right?”
“I am well; by”
“Now you may write a letter and write the address on a cover. I shall send it in diplomatic bag. I will tell them to paste Indian stamp and put it in the mail box.
“I have not thought about these problems”
“Today you can share my room in the hostel; Tomorrow, we can search for a cheap house where we can live together, making our own food.”
So she took me to the hostel room. There was only one bed and a stove for making tea. She made tea and we refreshed ourselves. She came close to me and asked point blank:”Are you a virgin?”When I replied in the positive, she laughed allowed, showing her white even teeth. I felt confused, as I had never touched a woman. She pulled me to her bed and removed my shirt and pants. She looked at my body and commented:”This is the first time I see a white, hairy body. I like it. Now the hidden thing”, so saying, she removed my underwear and fondled my penis. It began to expand and she pulled the skin up to expose the red cap.She took a snap in her mobile phone.
Then she too removed her cloths. She has strong, plump, long breasts and flat belly. I loved it. She showed me how to do the rest. Her body smell is pungent and heady. I kissed all over her body and the experience was unforgettable.
WE took food in the hostel canteen where she introduced me as her boyfriend, to be married in the church on Sunday.
The next day we contacted her friends and a small room with kitchen was hired. Through Malayalee nurses we came to know the store where Kerala items can be purchased.I showed her how sambar is made.
Sunday we went to the church. Father was very pleased and wanted to know why I wanted to be a Christian.
“I admire Mother Teresa. Kindness is the basic approach of Jesus.”
He told the audience to cheer the new guest Guest and there was thunderous applause.
“What name do you choose?”
She whispered and I said: Wilson.
“Family name?”
I said “Kandath”
Father:”You may go only after Baptism ceremony.
She told Father:”We want to get married soon. Bless us.”
The next two years flew away like two weeks and we were blessed with a daughter.
My mother was pressing me to come home and I told my wife my plan to go home for ten days. With much difficulty she agreed.
At home Mother had planned for my marriage to a girl who loved me in our childhood. I did not have the courage to tell them that I am married. So I put some conditions:one, I can come home only once in two years; two:I cannot take her to Ethiopia. Both conditions were agreed and I was again married. I must tell the truth that a second “First Night” was even more thrilling than my first experience.
When I returned to my first wife, I told everything to her.
“Do not worry. Two wives are common among us. Let me see her.” I showed her the photo:” Oh! So lovely. Let me kiss her!”

No comments:

Post a Comment